Monday, February 27, 2012

Lesson in Forgiveness

Today, some coworkers played a little joke on me that I didn't find very funny. It has been a great time to practice the forgiveness I've been reading about.

I realized very quickly that I had to forgive in order to sleep tonight. Not forget, not let off the hook, but forgive, in my heart. I still don't completely get what that means, but I think I'm getting closer.

I prayed a lot on my drive, along with a few scathing compositions in my head for the email I'll send tomorrow. When I got home, I got on my knees and prayed asking for peace about the situation. It wasn't instant, but I felt a lot better.

Now, a few hours later, at bedtime, the mad is coming back. I'm writing that email in my head again.

I've learned that forgiveness isn't necessarily a one-time thing. I have to keep praying and seeking wisdom and peace. It's an ongoing process. I don't have to forget or pretend nothig happened. But I do have to keep God at the front of it all. Pray, pray, pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment