Sunday, July 24, 2022

Summer 2022

 On this, my last day of summer break (basically), I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on a very good summer (this will be long - I should have blogged more of this individually!). It was an excellent mix of getting stuff done and sitting around doing nothing. Productive yet relaxing. I'd like another week or two of course. But I think I'm ready.

Where I went:

Started with an EXCELLENT girls weekend with Karie in Palm Springs. We sat by the pool for endless hours, chatting, laughing, being still. It was glorious. We ate good food, drank, and laughed and laughed. It was exactly what I needed without knowing I needed it!

my legs in the swimming pool

Couple of weeks later, Slugger and I had a nice, short road trip to San Diego. He put his feet in the water and had lots of small walks. He was VERY good in the hotel. On the drive home we went the very long way and had several good walks and snacks. 


As has kind of become tradition, I spent the 4th of July weekend in Temecula with the Whites. As always, MUCH fun was had and memories were made. We had tea, discovered a great used book store, antiqued and laughed - that was day one. On Sunday Thomas and I had a breakfast outing and then he went with me to Walmart (such a trooper, my Godson!). Then Karie and Ben and I went to a speakeasy (yes!) so I could enjoy my first professional Bees Knees - SO good! That night we all went to the Lake Elsinore Storm game. They lost but the fireworks were nice. I went home the next day. SO MUCH FUN!!





My summer ends with another trip to San Diego tomorrow for an AVID conference. Not really vacation, but going to enjoy the swanky hotel!


What I did:

I gave myself a LONG to-do list and spent ALL summer slowly making my way through it. First, I dealt with the weeds and then I cleaned the house. Like really cleaned. Then it got fun :) I ordered 8 tons of gravel and ended up having to spend a LOT more time than I expected moving it to where I wanted it. But now I can park not in mud on the lower side of the house in the winter. I also am on the schedule to get the house painted and for the whole house generator to be installed. Oh, I stained the "new" buffet. I also re-adhered the cork in the she-cave after it all fell down. That wasn't planned! Plus a bunch of little things like shredding a bunch of old documents.

I FINALLY hiked up Sugarloaf Mountain! I was alone (saw one other person the whole trip) and hiked - poles, boots and all. It was difficult but I'd do it again!




I ran. And I ran. I FINALLY figured out the toe blister thing and so I was able to up my mileage quite quickly. Maybe too quickly at the end. BUT I accomplished an actual, literal bucket list item... I ran 26.2 miles - a marathon! From my house to Little Bear Springs, with Cougar Crest in the middle. (That was a stupid idea, btw). Ultras, here I come :)




I think that's about it. Slugger and I walked almost every day - he even got up to a 1.67 neighborhood outing! We hung out with Dad. We drove to the PO a lot. We watched a LOT of TV (Alias, Blossom, Bones). It was a VERY GOOD summer!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment