Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017


I moved to CA for weeks just like this one! First, Dad and I worked Chimera. Then Slugs and I lounged at home for a couple days before heading to Big Bear for the holiday. Yay for being 75 minutes from Dad!!

One of the most exciting parts of being able to be in Big Bear for Thanksgiving is that we have a new member of our family!! My niece Alexis gave me a grand-nephew in September. They were going to BB for Thanksgiving!! 

Not sure I've ever mentioned this here but my big brother and sister-n law are VERY active in the Fawnskin Moose Lodge. It is just down the street from their home. Loni is a regular bartender and Dave is some sort of officer at all times, as far as I know. He's been Governor several times I believe. Anyway, he serves Thanksgiving dinner (and Christmas apparently) to members. He cooked 5 turkeys and a turducken in addition to lots of other yummy sides. This is where Dad and I had our Thanksgiving meal :)  It was so much fun! I met lots of people who I look forward to seeing more regularly now that I'm "local". And I held the baby!! 

Oh and the Cowboys lost and the Redskins won. Added bonus. Overall, it was great to spend the holiday amongst family and friends eating good food and watching football. Dream come true. Here are pictures. 

I bored him!!

William Nicholas Brown
Making faces

The happy family
Apparently once there's a baby, pictures of other people stop happening. Oops. Promise we were all there ;) Also it's very dark inside thus the horribly dark pictures! Sorry!

The NEXT day was almost as exciting. I had very much been looking forward to the annual Christmas tree lighting in The Village since last year when I knew I'd be there for this year. Dad got to work Search and Rescue for it but I was able to hang with him and his buddies until they had to go make room for the fire engine carrying Santa Claus to drive down the road. 

There were carols being sung, people everywhere, and not a chill in the air. No really. It was warm. I wore a sweater and coat anyway cuz it's winter darn it!! They lit the tree, Santa arrived, and we all left. I was starving! It was so worth it though to ring in the Christmas season. Now we're home in the desert and will start decorating as soon as I stop writing :)

the crowd before it got crowded

Merry Christmas from Big Bear!!

Here Comes Santa Claus!!


No comments:

Post a Comment