Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 2018

(I'm totally backtracking!! Sorry for the late posts and lack of details!!)

May was busy!! Mostly school stuff:

May 5 - PROM!! 
It was quite different just going. I didn't really have to DO anything!! We put kids onto 9 (I think) charter buses and trekked to the Cerritos Performing Arts Center. It was past Knott's - that's all I know. It was beautiful and quite spacious. There was a dance floor area (the actual theater part of the building), a game room with pool tables and such, several photo ops, a caricature artist, an outside live "band" (2 people?), and space to just wander or sit. It seemed like a lot but then I realized that the kids are stuck there the entire time so there needs to be stuff to keep them occupied!! We loaded up the buses at exactly midnight. I was so tired!! Then our bus broke down about 30 minutes from home!!! The kids were REALLY very good about the delay of about an hour while we waited for another bus to drop off its kids and come back for us. I finally got home about 2:45am. And I swore I'd never do that again. Hmph. We'll see!





May 16 - ASTROS!!!!
My first game seeing the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS in person!!! (I will never get tired of calling them that!!!) Joanna was awesome enough to join me for the occasion. While there, JV got his 2500th strikeout of his career (against Ohtani!), my boys played well, and I fell in love all over again (as I do basically every time I see them play!).






May 24 - GradNite at 6 Flags Magic Mountain
I was actually looking forward to this because it had been 25+ years since I'd been to Magic Mountain. However, I forgot that I'm now 43 years old and staying up all night is not my thing!! This time we took school buses. I lucked out and only had 16 on my bus. And they were good kids for the most part. Our driver was also very nice and friendly. Six Flags looks out for the chaperones. We had our own entire restaurant with food all night long. It wasn't big enough, and it was hot, but still it was nice they had anything "kid-less" for us! Several of us went off to ride roller coasters. It'd been a LONG time but it was fun! And we learned that chaperones could get to the front of the line. Yes, there were lines. SO many schools present and not all the rides were open!

on the way there

our chaperone restaurant


my first roller coaster in decades!

on the way home!

May also included the last day of school!! May 31. Good day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment