Sunday, February 4, 2024

Planning Days

To me, winter is about planning Summer Break (and more). Whether that's a trip or house projects, it always gets me through the doldrums of snow and being stuck inside and such.

This weekend I started (continued?) planning one of each :) 

Yesterday Slugger and I escaped off the mountain and stopped at Lowes for paint color cards. Someone mentioned that a nice grey might be pretty on the cabinets now that the countertops are their gorgeous "slate". So I got about 50 different shades of grey (hehe) cards. I narrowed it down to about a dozen and they are now hanging on the doors so I can see them in different lights, etc. I kinda want a darker grey because it seems like lighter might just seem like dirty white. The plan is to get a couple actual samples and during spring break (if I wait that long!) actually paint a couple doors. OR something like that. 

These are the ones that went the best with the slate countertops. 
Leaning toward the two overlapped on the left that are basically the same color. 

Then the rest of the weekend was dedicated to planning the BIG ROAD TRIP!! I've been dreaming of this trip for years and it has expanded to include some baseball. The baseball portion is BOOKED!! Well not the games. I'll probably not buy tickets until I get there. That's how I used to always do it. We'll see. I have 5 months to decide!! 

So, Tigers, then probably train to Chicago, Cubs, Brewers, and Twins! THEN I head to North Dakota to start the adventure part of the trip!! EEEEEEE!!!! I am SOOO Super excited!!!! I know I'm not going to want to hurry through ND and SD. But I will also be missing my puppy excruciating amounts. But I may never go back so I gotta see the stuff :) 

Still hope to get the stupid wall done this summer too. We'll see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment