Saturday, January 27, 2024

January 2024

 Whew! What a month! Really what a couple of weeks! 

First, I flew to TX for a wedding. I hadn't been back to North TX since I pulled out in the UHaul. Thanks to Jeff getting married, I got to go back! Of course, January can be hit or miss with weather and it was definitely a miss this time! I almost didn't go. Weather peeps were saying it'd be cold, which I can live with, but Sunday night was to be wet and cold and in TX that can be very very bad. My plane was scheduled to leave Monday morning. But I went anyway. 

Friday's afternoon flight was 2.5 hours late but it was okay cuz I just kept shopping and I finally found the perfect dress (though in the end, the maxi skirt and sweater would've been better due to frigid temps). 

Saturday dawned bright and decent (65 high). I went off to see the Taylors. The kids were off at college of course, but C and P had recently retired and they are loving life! P drove us to Dallas and the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. We wandered around exploring exhibits and catching up and sharing stories. Museums are a wonderful way to spend time visiting I've learned. The museum itself was fun - very hands on and engaging. Definitely a great place to take kids. We stopped at Whataburger on the way back and it was YUMMY of course!! Wish I"d had time to eat there more than once over the weekend. Oh well. I did have a dress to fit in to after all.

Left behind the Taylors and made my way north of FW to the home of the Elliotts where Jeff (not the groom) would join us for dinner and games. Missing L&Q who moved to Wisconsin. We watched some football (Jeff's Chiefs), had scrumptious bbq and sides, and played a fun game (I don't remember the name of course). 

Sunday was wedding day, but first I slept in and relaxed a bit before going to PeiWei for lunch with the GGs. I was very sad to learn that PeiWei had changed ownership and the tofu was NOT the same at all, but overall the pad thai was still yummy. And now I can stop wishing we PeiWei closer! 

Left the GGs and went back to the hotel to change for the wedding. The venue was beautiful but it's hard to enjoy beauty when it's 12 degrees outside. Nonetheless it was FABULOUS to witness the union of Jeff and Stephanie and see several old friends. 

I don't miss TX at all, but golly do I miss certain people. Luckily I was able to hug them and catch up and overall it was a good weekend. Until it came to leaving... to make a VERY long story short, I drove to the airport Sunday night to avoid having to drive in the mess on Monday morning. Good choice. Except I was there longer than I should've been. I ended up on a plane at almost 5pm that took me to SNA instead of ONT but Dad rescued me and drove me to my truck. Good Dad he is! I took Tuesday off and slept and recovered. SO glad I did. 

So I worked 3 days and then left for a WASC visit. That had it's own craziness. In a nutshell: the other committee members drove me insane AND I didn't sleep well the entire time. I was a WRECK in class on Thursday but I was actually glad to be there cuz it was better than another day cooped up with the crazy people. The school I visited was lovely so that was a plus :) Oh, and I missed a storm that left not much snow but apparently some gross roads so yay for being elsewhere. 

And February is supposed to start with snow. Yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment