Thursday, March 25, 2010

Angry Christians

This afternoon I had a 3:30 appt to get my teeth cleaned. My dental insurance is up next week and rather than re-up, I thought I'd just go get 'em cleaned and be done, until it's part of a spiffy benefits package.

When I arrived at 3:20, it appeared that a nice well-dressed (thus, i noticed her) lady was finishing up something - she was standing at the payment counter. She came and sat down in the waiting room and I overheard her say that she was waiting now for her hygiene appt at 4pm. We sat.

The hygeinest called her in at 3:40. I thought this was odd, since my appt was first, but I did just call and get it this morning. No biggie. Then the ladies behind the counter start talking about how she should've taken the 3:30 (me) first, but the hygeniest said the other lady had "been here longer". Well, yes, because she had another something done earlier. I went and got my book because obviously I had to wait another 30 minutes. I also took a moment to pray that I didn't get angry and to remember that it's only 30 minutes and it wouldn't hurt me.

Well, the nice lady walked out 45 minutes later and I was finally called at about 4:30. The hygeniest commented that she was an hour behind.  I replied that she was not behind, but that she had just called the wrong person first, which she denied and I explained that I had heard everything. Apparently this all upset her because she then started to cry and said that she was too upset to do my cleaning and i'd have to come back. Needless to say, THEN I was ANGRY! I have sense called the Monarch HQ and will also call the office manager tomorrow.

But here's why I'm writing this here. I am ANGRY!! I don't want to be. I feel bad for the nice hygeniest who is probably over worked and underpaid. And I feel bad for being upset. But then I think that SHE did the wrong thing and then LIED to me because she thought I didn't realize what happened. I was not really all that upset until she claimed to be behind by an hour which was not at all true! And then she got upset because I called her on it. I did not raise my voice until I was told I would not get the service that I had been waiting over an hour to receive. And then it was mostly in my "WHAT?" when she said she couldn't do it. And then when I learned that the manager was gone and there was nothing anyone could do, until tomorrow, when I'll be in a classroom unable to do anything about it. Besides, I'm mad NOW.

So, how does a good Christian, like I want to be, not get walked all over!?! How do we get our fair customer service and express dissatisfaction when we don't get it, without feeling like the meanie?!? Why do I feel like I am in the wrong?

2 comments:

  1. I would call the manager and HQ tomorrow and explain what happened and get another appointment before your insurance runs out! If you explained things to her in a calm manner, and you weren't being rude about it--I don't think you did anything wrong--it's okay to stand up for yourself.

    ReplyDelete