Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Bedroom Redo

I have been wanting to refresh my master bathroom for some time. I had decided purple. Somewhere in all that, I also read this Epbot blog post from my favorite blogger. Which then led me to ponder the refreshing of my bedroom too!! It had been burgundy with black and white. My bedroom has always been black and white and something. I couldn't figure out how to actually accent with burgundy though, if I wanted to paint the walls. So I decided to switch up the burgundy to turquoise. I also really wanted to make the cool mirror bursts from the Epbot blog. Jen is always posting crafty things and I was so excited to finally be able to do one!!

In all I spent about $200 I think. I have a LOT of material left over. The material (curtains) is really all sheets. Got those on clearance at Target. Pretty sure the paint is the thing only I bought for full price. My mother taught me shopping well!

I had a GREAT time picking out all the new turquoise things and adding some new aspects. The picture wall was a product that just came to me one day and took several days to perfect. I might still play around with the order. The pictures are all family members. So glad to finally have a picture of my dad's mom on display. I am so glad to finally have a bedroom that is decorated and not just "there"!

Below are the after pics :) The only thing I still want to do is fix the crooked George (cat) picture and add a turquoise pillow to the bedding. Haven't felt that creative juice yet though. I have the material… OH, I also want a new ceiling fan and those awesome ceiling tiles I learned about from Jen at Epbot. Someday.





No comments:

Post a Comment