Thursday, September 11, 2014

40 4 40 #4 Moonshine

To celebrate turning 40, I've decided to do 40 new things before I get there. My birthday is in March which means I need to do about 5 things per month... good thing I've already started! You can check out all of the posts related to this endeavor through the label 40 4 40.

Sometimes, you just have to say "Why not?!"!! Tonight was one of those. Several co-workers and I went out to dinner to celebrate the 50th birthday of co-worker Deneen. We went to Logan's Roadhouse, a steakhouse type place. It was her choice, not mine! Several folks ordered the "Flight Deck" which was a sample of four flavors of moonshine. I had water. 

As we were discussing their drinks and the various flavors, I realized that I'VE NEVER HAD MOONSHINE. I said this quite enthusiastically so they all offered up their glasses to let me have my first ever moonshine!! I had to ask what makes it moonshine. In my mind, moonshine is the stuff they make behind closed doors in stills in West Virginia (don't mean to stereotype but that's what I think of!). Apparently it's a grain alcohol that is 100% alcohol. Or something like that.

I tried the raspberry one, the tie die one, and the apple one. One tiny sip of each, spread out over 15-20 minutes. That was PLENTY!!! The apple one actually only tasted like apple - think watered down sour apple jolly rancher. The other two were flavorful but I could taste the alcohol. And man, that one sip? Enough to tell me not to drink more, or one of my new things would be getting drunk!!

Now I can say I've tried moonshine. And don't need to try it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment