Tuesday, September 23, 2014

40 4 40 #5 Tweeted

To celebrate turning 40, I've decided to do 40 new things before I get there. My birthday is in March which means I need to do about 5 things per month... good thing I've already started! You can check out all of the posts related to this endeavor through the label 40 4 40.

I feel quite silly that I am very excited about today's accomplishment. Well, really, yesterday's. But no, really, today's. 

I thought it'd be interesting to see if I could try to get a reply from a "celeb" on Twitter. I was retweeted a few years ago by Phil Keoghan of Amazing Race so "just" a retweet wouldn't count. I had to get someone to reply to something I tweeted... first, I had to start tweeting more, and I had to make it public for these "celebs" to see it.

Everyone has a different definition of celebrity. For me, I decided someone with a blue checkmark meaning that they were important enough for Twitter to check for the identity to be real. Or a celebrity in my book meaning someone I admire or enjoy their reading tweets - I was thinking lesser known athletes. 

I embarked on this by trying to ask meaningful or simple questions of a couple actors who tend to reply to tweets more than others. Some people are much better about interacting with their fans, and that's way cool. This is an example of my attempt...


Then last night someone I follow, Zachary Levi (Chuck) retweeted his buddy Joel David Moore (Bones, and apparently the new show Forever) who was offering to reply to people, in a specific way. I don't even follow this guy, but sure, why not?!!? And, HE REPLIED!!! Here is the "conversation" (mavsman is a co-worker/friend who knew what was up).


Okay, I admit, he wasn't exactly the "star" I was hoping for. But I did it!! And now I can go back to private and stop harassing my followers with these silly tweets. Oh but wait, there's more...

This afternoon while checking my Twitter in the middle of class (ssshhhh...), I came across what I thought was a very funny tweet from Justin Kanew. Justin is not blue check mark verified. But to me he's a "celebrity" - I'll never meet him, he knows important people, and he's way cool. Pretty sure Leslie will agree ;) Justin and his best friend Zev were contestants on The Amazing Race. Twice cuz they were all-stars. I get most of my news through Justin's tweets. His mind and mine are often of the same thinking on current affairs. Justin works in Hollywood and even has producer credits in a movie, Welcome to the Jungle, with Jean-Claude VanDamme. 

Anyway, I thought his tweet was funny and immediately had a reply so I sent it. This is what happened (Cynthia is a friend from church - a celeb to many of us!!):

His original, my response and love from Cynthia :)
Love from Justin :)


This makes me quite giddy!!! He also favorited Cynthia's tweet :) 

35 to go...

3 comments:

  1. He IS a celebrity! So I can’t tell on your screen shot…did he comment back to you?? How fun!!

    And, I had no idea Cynthia was on twitter. You both are cooler than me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I added a shot of his response and the fact that he favorited it :) I knew you'd agree he's a celebrity :)

    And, you too, could be Twitter cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that he responded! Thanks for adding his reply so I could see! And, no thanks on the twitter!!

    ReplyDelete