Tuesday, November 25, 2014

40 4 40 #13 Pay Off Loan

This is one in a series of blogs chronicling my journey to 40, by trying 40 new things before I get there.

I know it's silly to call this a new thing, but since allowing it to be one kinda spurred me on...

I just paid off one of my student loans!!! It was the small one. A fifth of the original one that includes my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. But still!! I am proud of myself and have a sense of satisfaction I have never understood before!! I have figured out that if I really try, and get the state payback thing (have to wait until I have taught for 5 years - end of this school year), I can get the big one done in about 3.5 years.

The idea of being broke for 3.5 more years is depressing, but the idea of having no debt (besides house and car, perhaps) in 3.5 years is exhilarating!!!

Here, look, proof :)


Seriously am tearing up. Wow. PAID IN FULL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment