Thursday, April 30, 2015

Not What I'd Planned - Some Healthy Thoughts

I was going to write about something but now I can't remember what! Must be in the part of the brain with the 2nd question I was going to ask my boss on Monday. I remembered as I was falling asleep last night... it had something to do with May... oh well!!

Instead I'm going to put in writing my commitment to being healthier (again). Yesterday I bought myself a fitbit. It's a plastic bracelet that tracks steps taken, sleep patterns, heart rate, among other things. You can challenge and support other people who also have them - like coworkers and friends, across the world! This aspect is what sold me on it. I love a good, healthy competition!! (I'm winning my first challenge so far!)

If you're a regular reader, you know that in the last year or so, I've lost 25 pounds. Yup, still at 25 pounds lost! The good news is that I've maintained my current weight through some stressful weeks recently (prom!). But I really want to go at least 5 more, preferably 10, I think. At this point, it's more about how the clothes fit and such.

Anyway, my recommitment to health, and the vegan lifestyle, is really more about how I feel, and how my brain is working. I am out of it 95% of the time it seems like!! Okay, now that the stress is better and I'm sleeping more and better, it's more like half the time. But it is still bothersome!! I forget words or use the wrong one, can't remember what I need to be doing, forget questions as above, and more. It's annoying.

Oh, and because I am SOOO excited to paddle board as often as possible when I get to Big Bear in 6 weeks :)

So, now that I've written it down, it's real. Healthy, fit, fabulous 40 here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment