Thursday, April 21, 2016

On Running

I'm running again. And I like it! So much in fact, we've now run two days in a row! About a mile and half total each time with probably a mile of it being run. I should probably actually call it jogging. I'm not fast. I don't really need or want to be fast! That's not my purpose. I don't know that I really have a purpose. Except that I like how I feel and how my body reacts (I.e. feeling fit!). I have kinda developed a goal though. I want to run a 5k and see what happens. I have found one in June right before I leave for CA. It's only $15 to enter and its in a local "Gardens" so I suspect it'll be pretty. I've never been there. Anyway, that's about 6 weeks away. I figure if I only run half of it, it's still more than I've run in a "race" before! And it'll give me something to work toward, and kind of a baseline. Perhaps I won't enjoy organized events. I didn't like the bike ride I did a few years ago. It'll be interesting. If I keep running at least every other day, I should be able to build my endurance a little at least. Or, if like tonight, I planned to walk even though I felt like running. I wore my knee brace just in case and then I ended up running almost the whole way! 

And those are my current ramblings on running πŸ˜ƒ

Oh, I think Slugger enjoys running except for the lack of time to smell stuff. And it sure wears him out! Maybe this will get him over his weight plateau!

Also, I find it interesting that when I'm running and stop to walk, it is as much about being out of breath as it is about my legs being tired. Perhaps I'm also making my lungs healthier!!

And THOSE are my current ramblings on running πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ŸπŸƒπŸΌπŸ‘£

No comments:

Post a Comment