Saturday, July 7, 2018

HAWAII!!! Day Three

I booked this tour MONTHS in advance! I was SO excited for it! I am happy to say that it did not disappoint!! Robert's Hawaii works on several of the islands and does several different types of tours. I chose the Grand Circle Tour which took us all around the island with several fun stops. I figured it was the best way to see more of the island. It WAS!! My driver/guide was incredibly good at his job! He got that tour bus (a big charter bus) in all kinds of parking spots and turns and such. He knew A LOT about Hawaii - history, culture, flora and fauna, sights, etc.

I think I took about 500 pictures on this day alone. Here are the highlights!!

On the bus - front seat - ready to go!

Hanauma Bay Lookout

Hanauma Bay Lookout

Hanauma Bay Lookout

wild chickens everywhere!

a lot of my pics look like this -out the bus window
also, it rained most of the day so windshield wipers were a common sight

Halona “Blow Hole” Lookout

From Here to Eternity

these were "small" waves

cemetery sectioned by country - there were Japanese and quite interesting

Byodo-In Temple

Meditation spot at the Temple - I was SO tempted to spend my 15 minutes there


Inside the Temple - I wasn't going to photograph out of respect/reverence
 but everyone else was so I did




Byodo-In Temple from the other side -
it was so beautiful and serene, even with all the tourists

Macadamia Nut Farm (extra stop cuz our driver was awesome)

an un opened Macadamia Nut - I then smashed it

and let the chicken eat it - the ground is covered with nut shells

chinaman's hat and surroundings


we stopped at Kuala Ranch where a LOT of movies and TV has been filmed, including Jurassic World
we had lunch there and got about 90 minutes to wander around

so many cool sights along the shore!
the tour drove most of the day right long the ocean  - so cool!

jumping rock - zoom

not zoom

pineapple fields


Dole Plantation

random waterfall - it had rained a lot!

Aloha Stadium - former home of the ProBowl

heading up H3 which is mostly bridge and tunnel

our last stop
we'd tried earlier in the day but the weather didn't cooperate
still not clear but much better
windier than I've ever experienced!


drove through town on the way back down
this is the convention center
I have many other building pics but don't remember what they are!
Seriously fabulous day!! There were about 30 of us on the bus, people of all sorts, exploring a gorgeous island!

Next day I was checking out the of hotel so that night I packed up and tried to make it all fit! I bought a few souvenirs along the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment