Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018

Ah. 2018. The year that many, many dreams came true.

1. I moved to Big Bear! It was a whirlwind few weeks that ended with Slugger and I living in a cute and cozy log cabin in Big Bear, a block from the trails. The absolute BEST part of living in BB is that Dad and Tuck come over for dinner at least once a week, Slugs and I hang out at their house, and we get to do fun stuff together. Whenever we want!! For example, just last week, Dad and I went snowshoeing in the forest behind my house, then I made chicken pot pie, and we watched TV. DREAMS COME TRUE!!

2. I went to Hawaii!! I had an excellent 6 days on Oahu. First I did a bunch of sightseeing and touristy things like hiking Diamond Head and visiting Pearl Harbor. Then I spent several days exploring even more of the island with my good friend Torrey and his girlfriend. You can read all the details in my July 2018 posts (all 4 are from this trip!). DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!

3. In November, I left the online world to take a position teaching math at Big Bear High School. Twenty-five years ago, I graduated and never thought I'd be back! The school has changed and almost every teacher has left. But there are a couple still holding on. And a couple who I went to school with! It was a crazy 6 weeks leading up to semester finals and Winter Break but I think it went pretty well, considering. I'm excited to finish out the year and start fresh in August! DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

4. For Christmas, I bought myself a new truck! I had shopped for many months, made many decisions and then changed my mind again, and practically given up. But I needed a 4WD vehicle for snow and dirt. I LOVE the truck I ended up with and actually look forward to driving to school in bad weather (okay, not really). DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

Yup, 2018 was a GOOD year!!

Some goals for 2019 include running a whole lot more, travel (alaska?), time with family, and getting more involved with the Trails Foundation.

Hope your 2018 was all you wanted it to be and 2019 brings many more blessings. Dream big - you never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment