Thursday, August 21, 2014

August Ugh

We've been home for two weeks and a day. I think we're mostly over the post vacation blues. Except mostly because we've gone back to our "normal" daily schedule. I am just too busy all day at work to think about where I'd rather be. Until someone asks how my summer was... then I smile and reply that it was wonderful and that I wish I was still in CA. *sigh*

Anyway, now that we're home and back to a normal work schedule, we are trying to get into a normal walk routine. We walk in the morning, in the dark, for about 10-15 minutes. I would love to walk longer in the mornings, but I also really like to sleep :)

The problem lies in the heat. It is SO HOT!!! It seems like Mother Nature is trying to get all the summer heat into August. July was apparently quite pleasant here in TX (all the heat was with me in CA I guess!). So... we wait as late as possible to go for our evening walk. But, again, I like sleep, so about 7pm is the latest we leave, if we want a real walk (as opposed to down the street and back). BUT IT IS SO HOT!!! Tonight, AFTER our walk, at 7:36 pm, according to weather.com, it is 100 degrees. We were both very slow and we got maybe a quarter mile before Slugs decided to come home. Seriously, he stopped, hung out for a minute and then turned around to head home!! The only saving grace is that there's a pretty good breeze. I don't think wind/breezes help him any though. Plus he's the one in the fur coat!!

What's the point? Uh, to whine and say HURRY UP AUTUMN!!!!!!! And June :D

No comments:

Post a Comment