Monday, June 14, 2010

A Day of Firsts

Today was my first ever time to serve on jury duty! It was also my first time on a FW City Bus (I got to stand up on the way back so that was a first too!).

People may think I'm odd, but I was kinda excited about jury duty. First of all, it was not taking me away from anything like work or kids. I suppose this was the big difference for me from the other 200 or so who joined me today, almost all of whom grumbled about being there. I like new experiences for the most part, and I do believe in fulfilling my civil obligation.

I was also home before General Hospital :) I got asked questions by the lawyer with about 30 others in my group. Some were quite opinionated, which was funny, because we didn't really know enough to know what we were forming opinions on! They told us just enough so that now my curiosity is killing me!! Anyway, I did not get picked to sit on the jury. I was quite disappointed and felt rather rejected - the guy next to me got picked as #12 so one or both lawyers didn't want me :( 

Now, people... jury duty is NOT bad!! take a book. be open to talking to other people. it's one, maybe two, occasionally three, days out of your life!! of course, the people who complain the most about it are probably the ones who complain about something anytime they can. but really, this isn't a bad way to support the legal system. it's certainly better than suing someone for nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment