Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not the right words...

George is sick. Two vet visits. Lots of dollars. Actually, she's doing much better, but she has bad kidneys, so we're going to do whatever we need to since we caught it early and CAN do something.

Anyway, I've been sharing this on Facebook as its been happening. And here is why I'm posting here... why do people feel that the comment they need to make is about their own pet dying of a kidney issue. Really? That is Soooooo not what I need or want to hear about right now!!!! I'm sure they're well meaning and all, but those are not the right words to show support!!!

George should be fine with the proper treatment. And its helped me come to terms with the fact that she's old.


2 comments:

  1. well, I once had a cat... just kidding! I think sometimes people think sharing a personal story will help, but it usually doesn’t, especially if their story ends badly! Oh George...I sure I hope you stay feeling good!! I’ll even let you climb all over my sandals next time I’m over (maybe!!) You are a great mom to her Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. She's having a very bad day and seems to be mad at me too. I hate seeing her suffer.

    ReplyDelete