Monday, March 9, 2015

40 4 40 #39 Pete's Piano Bar

This is the latest entry in a series chronicling my attempt to try 40 new things before I turn(ed) 40. I'm slow in writing it up because I was busy turning 40!! 

For several years, I tried to go to Pete's Piano Bar in downtown Fort Worth to celebrate my birthday. I don't even remember where I heard about it or why I wanted to go! Nor do I recall any of the reasons why it didn't happen! I decided it'd be fun to do the night before my birthday since I'd have people in from out of town and it'd give folks a chance to celebrate if they weren't able to join the party on the big day. 

There were 13 of us there Friday night. There were also parties of just marrieds and about to be marrieds and a 30th birthday party. There were several other birthdays too in the crowd but those seemed to not have the fancy reservation tables or something. 

The first two piano players got us all singing and even a little dancing. After an hour, they were relieved by two more players. They were ALL quite talented. It was very impressive that they knew every song without ever looking at a sheet of music, and the music never stopped. One or both was constantly playing a ditty of some sort. 

Loni (my sister-in-law) and Christy (my college roommate) knew practically every song while I knew some parts of many of them but could only sing along to all of a few. I faked it though :) At one point I went on stage as a birthday girl. During another song, we were to hit hips with a stranger so I picked the piano player - I figured he was safer than an actual drunk stranger! 

I would definitely go back. There are some friends who weren't able to go but want to go so maybe even soon!! The whole place was smoke free so that was extra nice!! 

Christy and I ready to go!
The family


Christy and I having fun!

The whole gang, except Becky cuz she was late

My brother bought me a shot. I do believe that was a first!!


He tried to buy me a second. Christy became my surrogate drinker :) She also received one from the random dude who sat behind us. I SUCK at selfies!!! (That's Loni and Christy enjoying their shots with me in the middle holding the phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment