Sunday, October 29, 2017

Bonk!

I really don't mean to only write about running. But I'm on a mission to get better at it so it's what I do these days. Well, that and watch baseball.

Today's lesson learned: EAT DINNER! I was busy watching my boys last night and never actually ate dinner. I had the thought at one point but wasn't really hungry and couldn't decide what to eat and then it just never happened. MISTAKE!!

I didn't change up anything else that I did to prepare for this morning's "long" run so I'm pretty sure that was the difference maker. That and I didn't really have a plan of a route. But I don't think that was a factor. Where I ended up would've been just the distance I was aiming for (4ish miles).

The first mile was hard. My legs were tired. But I kept going. I was all in my head about how hot it was. I was trying a new system to deal with that. I got an extra, light-weight, collapsible water bottle that I could easily use to wet the bandana and/or my head. Turns out it wasn't all that easy. I actually stopped in order to wet the bandana. I wasn't even that hot. But I wanted to get ahead of the hot. Again, all in my head.

Anyway, I kept going. About 2 miles in, I just couldn't run anymore. I could've, I guess, but I wasn't having fun. So I walked. The entire last mile basically. And cut my route short. I think it was when I realized that I COULD cut it short that my mind won the battle. By then my legs were okay. It was just an overall, "not happening" kinda day.

Not sure any of this makes sense. But well, that's running!! Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment