Sunday, January 21, 2018

Long run with the runs

Yup, you read that right! You might not want to read this! I won't be graphic, though, promise.

Today I set out on what I hoped would be 7-7.5 miles. I ran to the aqueduct and then down the path (paved side). My goal was to go to the end but I wasn't sure how far that would be. I didn't want to overdo since I had to turn around and go back.

I got to the last road crossing and had gone 3.75 miles. I could see the little building at the end, but again, I didn't want to push myself. So glad I didn't!!

About half a mile later, my gut decided it didn't like me. Unfortunately I was three miles from home!!  I found that it was actually worse when I walked so I ran more than I might have otherwise. I knew there was a porta potty at a construction site about a mile from home. Could I make it 2 more miles?! Ugh!! I was on the aqueduct and couldn't exactly "step off" so I had to try. At the next road crossing I looked as far as I could see to make sure there wasn't a construction potty there somewhere. There wasn't. So I plodded on.

I made it to the porta potty just in time. After that, I was fine. I have NO idea what caused the issue. I didn't eat the second half of my Bloks on the run, just in case. I ate them later and was fine. Actually, I've been fine ever since. Last night, I ate Panera. A turkey sandwich. So, guess what? I'm not doing THAT again!! In fact, I'm going back to eating right - i.e. vegan. With occasional eggs and shrimp (SO not ready to give up my shrimp fried rice addiction). We'll see if that helps.

Now I'm recovering with the pooch. Iced my toe. It hurt most of the run. Which is interesting cuz it DIDN'T hurt until the end of my trail run last week. It's all a learning process. Still loving that process!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment