Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Sick

 I say this all the time but I really should write more. Not that I have a lot to write about or that anyone reads this. But still. It'd be good for me. 

I'm sitting here watching my Astros play in the ALCS again. For the 7th year in a row. Honestly, I didn't know if we'd get this far. But here we are. Playing against the Rangers. I really don't like them. 

I've been home sick all week. Last week was Fall Break and ended with the Kodiak Ultramarathons. I'm blaming lack of sleep and being outside in 28* at the start of the 100 mile and the 100k. It's been a while since I've really been sick, other than Covid last Christmas. And boy was I sick! A horrid sore throat and just a general need to sleep. I happened to have a doctor's appointment today but would have taken today too. So 3 days off sick - that's a LOT for me! I finally feel better after a long day (not really but felt like it) down the hill where it was 95+*!! I sweated the sick out :) I am still not good but I'll go back to work tomorrow. Only have to get through 2 days, right?!

On another note, I am reading a great trilogy by Nora Roberts. Dragon something. I'm almost done with book 3. I haven't hardly done anything but read, even before I was sick. Like all day for days! It feels good. It's been a long time. I'm not even sure the books are any good, but they're exactly what I needed right now. I've been in a slump. Haven't found anything that caught my attention. Or that I liked. Until this. Already thinking about what to read next cuz it needs to be something very different! Like a non-fiction. I think this one will stick with me for a bit. 

Okay, the boys are still winning. I need to continue getting ready for bed. Cuz I should be IN bed already. Hopefully I'll sleep well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment