Sunday, December 31, 2023

Break Week 2

 Christmas! I decided months ago to not do gifts. For monetary purposes is what I told everyone. There was also the desire to not put effort into buying/creating gifts that are not appreciated. The more I think about last year, the more upset I get. It's not about being appreciated but well, at least a thank you would be nice. 

Anyway, Slugger got a new baby (new cow) and some treats. And Boo got treats. Dad came over for lasagna. It was quite yummy. We watched Bones Christmases and A Christmas Story. Then he left and I watched Christmas Vacation. Low-key but nice day. 

Decorations went back to the shed the next day. Wednesday was a run and dinner at Himalayan with D and L. That was nice of course. They gave me a Moose cookbook which was nice of them. 

Thursday I finally got the new tattoo. A week late, but that's okay. It's there now and healing okay. I am oddly unemotional and indifferent. Which tells me that I am really just moving through life and not at all happy, overall. But I know that now and will work on fixing it in 2024 - see next post. 


Slugger and I went to AV to run errands on Friday. He had two walks, a ham bone and a pup cup so I think it was a good outing in his eyes! I went to Costco, Walmart, Target and got shrimp fried rice :) So I'd say it was a good day too. 


Yesterday was Dad's 81st bday. He came over for enchiladas. I made up the "recipe" and they were actually very good. And easy :) They'll be in the rotation, I think. Not all that healthy for Dad though. 

Today I'll tackle goals, and new budget and such. While listening to an audiobook to get in book #50 of my goal of 50. At least it's pretty good. Then I'll head to a NYE party. Yes! For real! It helps that I am supposed to wear pink :) I am, of course, wearing a LOT of pink :)



No comments:

Post a Comment