Sunday, December 31, 2023

See Ya 2023

2023 wasn't really good or bad. It just was. And now it's almost over. I'm okay with that! 

Let's see, the Spring included WASC and not much else. We were granted a good report though so I guess the stress was worth it. 

Oh, and my trip to Houston! That consisted of meeting Twitter friends, feeding Giraffes, and baseball. Good times! 

Summer involved Alaska! And house projects. And walks with Slugger. 

Fall was a blur of wishing I worked from home. There was a girls weekend with Karie in there too. And starting to run again.  

Goals accomplished:

Fed Giraffes! Bought almost all the property; went to Alaska and Houston

Goals not accomplished:

running 50k - well, I hardly ran at all! but I do think I'm healed

memorizing Bible verses - honestly forgot about this goal and didn't try at all

fence - can't do that until I finish buying the land

New goals for 2024:

write a devotional (been a goal in my head for years); finish the 50 states (trip is basically planned); lose 40 pounds (no really, this WILL happen); retaining wall (figured out the block, though not where to get them, will hire someone to dig the ditch only, I think)


2024 will be about me. About me making me who I want to be. Doing the things that matter to me. Perhaps that will mean a new job. That will definitely mean eating right and exercising consistently. And continuing to grow closer to God. Time with friends. Hockey. Baseball. Slugger. 

I got this :)




No comments:

Post a Comment