Sunday, June 23, 2024

Day Eleven Nebraska

I didn't really have anything planned for today except to drive across Nebraska to Iowa. I took the scenic byway to I80 (after sufficiently checking for any possible dirt roads). Drove through several little towns. Saw cows and horses and more cows. Saw corn and other things growing. Saw a turtle. Lots of blue sky. Finished an audio book started another. Went by more cows and corn and green fields. Oh, there were some marshlands. It was all beautiful but not all that unique or exciting. 


I took no other pictures until I got to Grand Island which is where I picked up I80. But there I finally tried Culver's custard (and a burger). So yummy!

Once I got on the interstate I started to think about what I'd be near. Signs along the highway helped. SO in Lincoln, I stopped at the University of Nebraska. Home of the Cornhuskers. Which was just blocks from the state capitol building (I'm 99% sure that's what it was anyway). 

Love Library



Capital


Then I realized that I had plenty of time, and well, why not stop by the College World Series. Texas A&M was playing Tennessee. I'd watched game one last night on the TV. I had actually looked into tickets back in February before anyone knew who'd be playing but they were way out of my price range so I didn't think about it again. Until today. I did NOT go to a game. Just drove around the field and saw all the peeps who DID go to a game! Aggies lost game 2 so tomorrow is the deciding game 3. So exciting! I did see several TX license plates.


AND THEN I WENT TO IOWA!!!! STATE NUMBER 50!!! 



Yes, I cried. Not everyone can say they've even been out of their own state, let alone going to all 50. I'm working on the blog that has the story for each state. (Partly cuz I wanted to make sure I really had made it) 

Tomorrow I get to see my buddy Ashley and her family and well, she's giving me a real gift but I'll just make you read tomorrow's entry :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment