Monday, July 25, 2011

Road trip - the drive

First lesson learned at 3:30am. If you're going to leave on a road trip at the crack of dawn, have caffeine at the ready. It's dark. Nothing is open. It was a miserable first few hours. I actually pulled over and closed my eyes for about 30 minutes.

Also learned that I don't like audio books read by men. They don't keep me awake like they should.

Rolled through the New Mexico border patrol station mid morning. No machine guns out at that hour. He didn't even ask me any questions. Just told me to have a safe trip. Nothing else exciting in NM. Gas was $3.49.

Arizona held lots of excitement. It RAINED!!! Poured really for about 3 minutes. Very nice. AND gas was $3.29!!!!!!!! I stopped and saw my cousins north of phoenix. Realized it has been 18 years!! Great catching up.

Woke up Sunday and drove to California. Had lunch with a friend from elementary school who I hadn't seen on at least 20 years. Fun stuff. Then I went to see Josh. I'll have to explain that in a different post. And then I made my way to Sarah, who I call Port.

Sarah and I met and became friends through church camp in high school. Her brother is my age and she's 3 years younger. We all went to the same college too. Anyway, port is one of those friends that when we get together its like we were never apart except we could talk for days telling stories and catching up. Love her. I woke up early so I'm just waiting to say goodbye right now. Hate leaving. But I'm off to see karie and meet baby Thomas. Then to dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment