Thursday, July 21, 2011

TdF favoritism

One more mountain stage. A time trial. And a coast into Paris. That's all that's left. So....
Three weeks ago, I had several favorites. And there's one that I really don't want to win. Many stages ago, Thomas Voeckler took the yellow jersey (race lead) and has kept it. All my fave, basically, are still in the hunt. Almost everyday it is said, "todays the day someone will change it all up", but voeckler has stayed in the thick of it. It's been impressive really.
Anyway, today one of my faves, possibly my #1 fave, Andy Schleck, opened up a can of whoopa$$!! And rode to the stage victory. And gained a lot of time. In fact for quite a while, he was in "virtual yellow". but voeckler gritted his teeth, closed his eyes and rode hard the last few yards. He's still in yellow!!! By 15 seconds instead of over a minute, but still leading.
So here's my dilemma. Voeckler has really shown he deserves yellow, or at least on the podium. But then there's Andy who I want to win so bad!!! If I add voeckler to my "I'll be happy if he wins" list, am I a traitor? Or jumping on a bandwagon? It's not like I've changed my mind cuz he's cute or something!!! He earned my support!!!
Of course, everything could change tomorrow and it could be moot. I think voeckler might have overdone it today. Tomorrow will be hard on all of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment