Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Little Randomness

Some thoughts of this week...

My annual evaluation was on Wednesday. An Assistant Principal came in and observed a lesson. I told her the day and class to come.  I'd been planning it for over a month. The lesson was terrible!! The kids were unruly. The concept was one they really already knew (I don't think the observer noticed). I felt like all I did was scream at them. It was a group project so part of it was just trying to transition from step to step. I so didn't like it, I didn't even do it by the last class of the day!! Anyway, the AP loved it and I suppose that's what matters. Of course, she was a little too nice, in my opinion, but whatever. There is still room for improvement :)

I got a new cell phone. Ma paid for it. Golly my parents spoil me. I know in time I will repay them with a real nice assisted living facility. So, after all the conundrum and shopping and questioning, I went with a new smartphone. It really was very silly to consider giving up the great plan I have now. AND the phone is 4G and SOO fast!!! I haven't borrowed internet yet :) I watched a video last night, but not yet one on CBS or TNT which are the two that didn't particularly like the previous slow connection. But I'm pretty sure it'll be better, if not excellent!! YAY!!! So my monthly expense will not change :)

This week has felt about 6 months long. Okay, maybe just 6 weeks long. I am so far behind. I got to work early this morning to figure out what we were doing today in Geometry. I made copies about 7am. I copied the answer key... so I explained to all my students that they had the answers so they had to show their WORK to how they got there... they thought this was a great idea... I might actually do it again. On purpose. I spent 2 hours entering grades this afternoon. After spending much time this week grading and sorting papers (to make it easier to grade while "tutoring" in the computer lab this afternoon). I really think I might get my head above water by tomorrow afternoon.

I've been so busy or befuddled or whatever this week I haven't even done very well with this week's dress-up days. It's homecoming/red ribbon week. I did nerd day pretty well. The rest I just didn't have the oomph to go overboard like I usually do. You know, the kids really like it. There are students who I don't know who come by to see how I dress up on these days!! I have a reputation to uphold!!!

Speaking of students, I had a couple today say that they like me cuz I tell them about my life. How can you spend so much time with a group and not get to know them? And how can you get to know them without sharing some of yourself?

That is all. I think.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes....I know so much about my students and feel like I tell them so much about myself--they probably get bored of my stories about what I did the night before! BUT....that is how we grow together as a class!! Good for you for sharing stories and your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a teacher I admire, that makes me happy!! I knew it didn't make me weird!!

    ReplyDelete