Friday, October 26, 2012

Loooong Week...

This week is FINALLY over!!! My dentist appointment on Monday afternoon seems like months ago!!!

I felt the need to celebrate Friday night and the end of this week by blogging :) You're welcome.

Also to brag. I work at an amazing school. We're not perfect but we know how to celebrate disability. For the second year in a row, our Homecoming Queen is an amazing student who happens to live with a disability. I can't pronounce or say the name of it, but Ali shines in her wheelchair everyday! She's smart, funny, friendly, and definitely has school spirit!! Although there were several good choices for Queen, once again, the Hornets picked right :)

Next week will be much easier. Two days of teaching and three days of a conference. The biggest headache will be driving to Colleyville and back for those 3 days.                                                      

OH, and 4 weeks until Thanksgiving!! I will be thankful for 5 days of sleeping late :)

2 comments:

  1. We watched the news do a little blurb on Ali last night and I told Quinn the same thing--your school does do a great job of supporting all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that a plano school has a king and queen with down syndrome this year. we're not the only cool ones :)

    ReplyDelete