Wednesday, October 8, 2014

40 4 40 #7 Blood Moon

This is the latest in a series about the 40 new things I am trying before I turn 40. My birthday is in March which means I need to do about 5 things per month... You can check out all of the posts related to this endeavor through the label 40 4 40.

I hmmmed and haaawed (how DO you spell that?!?!) about whether or not this should be a new thing. But Facebook says it is!!

Across the world, whenever "this morning" was, people saw a blood moon. Okay, maybe just the states? I really know nothing about astronomy!!! I have always enjoyed other people's pictures of these sorts of things, but have never made an effort to see them myself. Mostly because they usually happen in the middle of the night, or close enough. And if you know me, I love my sleep!

However, this morning, in North Texas, it was projected to be viewable and beautiful at about 5:30am. That's just a little earlier than Slugs and I are out walking anyway!! And today I got up a little earlier and moved a little faster, because I had a ton of stuff to do at school before I conducted a lesson for some other teachers at 7:10am. So between that and the prospect of seeing this moon phenomenon, Slugs and I got outside by just about 5:30.

The moon was indeed blood red or orangey really. It was neat. I didn't take pics. I was walking and keeping the dog from cars and such. It didn't seem any bigger than yesterday, which I thought was part of the phenomenon. But again, I know nothing.

It was still red when I was driving to work at about 6:10am. However, when I got to the Azle area, it either went behind clouds or I saw the eclipse. There were no stars out either, but there hadn't been when it was red... I looked up the time of the eclipse and it could've been...

So, I saw a Blood moon for the first time!!! And maybe an eclipse!!! I'll take it. But tomorrow's new thing is going to be EPIC!!!!! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment