Wednesday, October 8, 2014

40 40 40 #6 Sushi (rewrite)

This is the latest in a series about the 40 new things I am trying before I turn 40. My birthday is in March which means I need to do about 5 things per month... You can check out all of the posts related to this endeavor through the label 40 4 40.

So I got into Blogger to blog about today's new thing, but somehow I deleted the last new thing, so I am going to attempt to reconstruct it, with no flair cuz now I'm all frustrated!!

Several weeks ago now, I had dinner with my good friend Carol. She knew I was on this adventure to try new things so we went for sushi! She eats regularly at Big Fish Japanese Cuisine, but always the California Rolls, and other things cooked. My goal was to try real, raw fish sushi. I've had California Rolls and such and they are yummy!! 

When I arrived, the joint was empty. This led me to tell the waiter and owner (I'm guessing) about my endeavor. The waiter made sure I knew what was actual raw sushi. I ordered the Boston Roll which was tuna, whitetail, cucumber and avocado (and something called masago but since he didn't know what it was either, I said to leave it out!!). So basically, I got a California Roll but with raw fish instead of crab. Carol got a California Roll and we shared some shrimp fried rice.

Notice the wasabi (I think) that looks like a leaf! Great presentation!!
It was... different. I wouldn't order it again. But it was okay. I ate it all. The fried rice was fantastic!! I would definitely go back to this place. 

There's a story about trying the orange and green stuff. It was hot. But not initially. It had a kick basically. So I said it wasn't hot and then Carol tried it. And then I got the hot... I'm sure it was funnier the first time I wrote it!!! Sorry!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment