Friday, June 21, 2024

Day Nine SD2

 The day dawned not quite sunny but not as yucky as the evening before so...

from the hotel parking lot

zoomed

I attempted to sleep "late" but there was noise and I was ready to get going. Got to Rushmore before 9am. Still quite busy but I think it was a lot of folks who had tried the afternoon/evening before and couldn't see it. 



Left Rushmore for Crazy Horse. Others I'd talked to hadn't bothered with it and it was so much better than Rushmore! The symbolism behind this one dude's dream and that they're still working to finish it (I didn't know that!) was meaningful to me. I didn't buy any books but I'd like to learn more. 




Buddha, his favorite compressor

Korczak's own art of his vision



what the finished product will look like,
with the project in the distance

From Crazy Horse, I drove into Custer State Park. I drove the Wildlife Loop and was not disappointed - pronghorn!! (and a random sitting buffalo)
supposedly they have their babies in mid-June and all at the same time
(like within 10 days of each other) so those babies probably aren't that old








I then went for a hike on Lover's Leap Trail. It was quite steep and bug-ridden. I had bug spray on, but they still drove me nuts. I made it about 1.25 miles before I turned around.







Remember how in Milwaukee I saw a proposal (did I tell you about that?)? Well, today I drove by a wedding! 

Then I drove to Wall SD to see Wall Drug and spend the night. 


More adventures tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment