Thursday, June 13, 2024

Day One Detroit

 State #46, which is the one that made it into a baseball trip. Cuz in order to get from Michigan to ND, one must pass several stadiums! 

Red eyes are not made for 49yos. I am exhausted. BUT in a true miracle, BOTH flights were on time. In fact, my connection in Atlanta actually left early!! I got to Detroit and was going to try to take the bus to the hotel, but it drove right past what I thought was a stop, so I got myself an Uber instead. Nice guy. Worth the money. Dropped my stuff at the hotel and walked to Comerica Park (Field?) for the Tigers game. I was early so I wandered around outside the stadium. 










I will always be me, so I also walked over to Central UMC which looked way old. It is! 




Comerica Park has a Carousel AND a Ferris Wheel. Which are each TWO DOLLARS to ride. SO OF COURSE I DID!!! 






Then there was local ice cream :)  SO SO YUMMY!! No pics cuz it went in my belly.


And some baseball!! It was a good game that the Tigers ended up winning 7-2 after a 5 run 7th (6th?). It was super hot so I actually only sat in my seats for 2.5 innings. Then I wandered around, stood behind lower level seats, etc. Everyone was SO nice and helpful and happy to welcome me to the stadium, and Michigan.


On the way back to my hotel, I went a different way to walk past another old church and see what the bus stop looks like. OR whatever a "Qline" is. Cuz that's how I'm getting to amtrak tomorrow at the crack of dawn.




Now I'm relaxing in my room at what is actually an "Inn" - it's a great old house with a bunch of rooms turned into guest rooms. I would 100% come back! About to order some food from a local joint to be delivered after I enjoy that beautiful shower!




Off to Chicago WAY early in the AM!














No comments:

Post a Comment