Saturday, June 15, 2024

Day Three Milwaukee

Today was sleep late day. Which really just meant no alarm clock. "Late" is relevant. I was so tired I was asleep early, so I only slept until about 7:30. This ended up being a good thing. I needed to hit up a Walmart. I drove toward Milwaukee and did my shopping - got snacks and such for the rest of the trip. I then drove into Milwaukee to see The Fonz. Well, the bronze version of him on the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk was basically just walking along the river, with a sight here and there. The best part was watching the "drawbridge" to let the tour boat through (hopefully the video will work).







Milwaukee had many old buildings. I only got pics of the Pabst Theater and City Hall. But know that my old building loving self was very happy. 



Since I had time, I mosied over to the lake. I happened upon a dog festival - there had been a 5k and there were all sorts of pet vendors and games for dogs (agility course and such). Made me miss Slugger SO very much (not that I don't already miss him). Oh, I also saw a couple get engaged. We all cheered. I don't think that was dog related. Anyway, Lake Michigan is beautiful and gigantic. 





I then wandered off to Sprecher Brewery. I was told that they are known for their root beer. On the way, I got to drive through a VERY nice neighborhood. Shorewood maybe? I'll have to look it up eventually. I didn't get any picture. The brewery did NOT disappoint. I got a flight of sodas and they were all amazing! I bought 8 bottles to be able to enjoy each evening in my hotels. Currently enjoying the cream soda in Tomah WI. 

Then I headed to the game. Detroit I was hot, Chicago I was cold. Milwaukee was just right! Great modern stadium. I thought it was weird that the roof was partially closed. I didn't ask. Maybe it was stuck. But I think it was to keep the sun out but to have fresh air. Maybe. 




Snoop Dogg threw out the first pitch!

He was excited to be there!

Christian Yelich

Elly De La Cruz


Brewers scored in the 5th or 6th, I sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame and I left. I was tired. And somehow I didn't internalize that it was 2.5 hours to my hotel. It's on the itinerary, I just didn't remember. Longest 2.5 hours! But first I had Kopp's custard. Same friend who recommended the brewery said I should check them out. SO YUMMY!! (The friend is also pretty good at book recommendations)
Sadly one of the things I've been most excited about on this road trip is cheap gas. Tonight was my first fill up...


Early morning tomorrow cuz it's 3 more hours to Minneapolis. 




No comments:

Post a Comment